Trip to the Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickrocket1258

Greasemonkey
Dec 3, 2013
West Chester, PA
So I finally have everything together for the wagon. It's a 1983 with a new Blueprint 383 with aluminum heads. There's also a brand new TH350 with a valve body and a new 9" torque converter that's good for the street and also the track. We still have some things to tinker with but we had to shift manually with the column shifter since the 2-3 shift was too immediate after the 1-2 shift. The governor needed to be adjusted. Anyways the best time so far is 12.31@109. The car has a nice 1.700 60'. The air was not the best either. It started cooling down around here the days after. The top end is a little sluggish I feel but I know my dad wants to make some adjustments to the carb and some other odds and ends things. Eventually trying to get this to run in the 11.50 index races around us.

Reactions: 3 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Always nice to get out this time of year. Sounds like a good shake down but I'm sure there is more HP in that 383. We had planed on going to the Halloween Classic today but the weather doesn't look good - think we're done for the year.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Very nice, you guys should be able to wring out some more power and better times with some tinkering.

Hickrocket1258

Greasemonkey
Dec 3, 2013
West Chester, PA
My dad is very old school so he has some things he wants to tinker with but hasn't told me yet. Car is full weight just minus the HVAC stuff. No tubular stuff all stock suspension. Haven't gotten it on the scales yet.

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
What rear end do you have, and what mods?

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
12.31 is pretty quick. I looked up 1/4 mile times for Camaros and Corvettes and until the last few year models your car is faster. If that was your first run and you've got more adjustments to make, you should be able to shave some time off of that. Good luck getting it dialed in.

Gozer442

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I have a posi rear out of a Monte Carlo SS. Bone stock rear with the 3.73 gears.

Like mentioned earlier one of the Blueprint 383s and a new TH350 and converter from Select Transmissions.

So, a stock 7.625"? Ok. Cool! What's the stall of the converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor