Trouble codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2020
Oxnard
Hello everyone I’m new to the gbody family I own a 1982 El Camino v6 231ci
Lately I’ve been having problems with it I’ve own the truck for about a year and a half now and I’ve rebuilt the carburetor twice. Right now I’m fight codes 21.) Throttle Position Sensor Error. 24.) Vehicle Speed Sensor Error. And a code 45.) Oxygen Sensor Error (Rich Condition Indicated). The last time I’ve changed my carburetor I put a new TPS and that was about 5 months ago. Any advice on these codes will help

Attachments

• F7D720D9-E1A6-49C8-BA77-5F9A0BF0EF29.jpeg
    F7D720D9-E1A6-49C8-BA77-5F9A0BF0EF29.jpeg
    726.8 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Did you adjust the new TPS? They have to be adjusted anytime you replace them or adjust the idle speed. Its best to do it with the special TPS adjusting tool and a OBD1 scanner to read the sensor output. In a ditch you can use a disposable pen cap to adjust the TPS. Also check the reference voltage to the TPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor