Trouble getting fuel 78 regal turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigggdaddy420

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2020
Does anyone know if the 78 turbo regals have an electric fuel pump in tank? I can’t fuel from the tank to the engine. I have tried the mechanical pump on the engine and I have a small pressure electric pump I tried just to see if I could get it flowing with that.

Bigggdaddy420

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2020
Forgot to mention. Car has been sitting for years before I had it. Probably need to drop the tank and see how bad it is.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
No in tank pump.

You could try blowing some compressed air in the fuel line from the engine compartment backwards toward the tank.

But if it sat for a long time, the pick up sock in the tank is probably coated in varnished fuel.

You should really just drop the tank and inspect all your fuel lines.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Bigggdaddy420

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2020
Thanks for the help , I just really didn’t want to drop the tank. I’ll try the air first if that dont go I’ll just have to pull it.

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
The air might work, but if it's a mess in the tank it will just plug up again. But you'll then know the problem.

I would still do a visual check of the fuel lines, especially the rubber lengths that connect the tank hard lines to the frame hard line.

• Agree

Bigggdaddy420

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2020
Sounds good man. I’m going to go out there later tonight and mess with it. I’ll let you know. I’m gonna try air first and inspect the rubber lines like you said.

Reactions: 1 user

Bigggdaddy420

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 24, 2020
So just got back in from messing with it , figured it out. I was trying to use the wrong line up front. I pulled the rubber line at the frame in back and put my electric pump directly to tank and it pumped. So then I attached the electric pump to the line going up front. Turns out I was trying to suck from the wrong line up front. Got fuel at the carb now. Ready to fire in the am. Too late to fire with open headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor