Troubleshooting Wiper motor/ switch in 81 cutlass supreme with delay/pulse switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2021
I am trying to get the wiper motor working in my 81 Cutlass supreme. I originally thought the old motor was seized because I could hear a click by the motor when the wiper switch was activated, as well as when using the washer function of the switch. Bought a new Cardone Wiper motor with delay and swapped the old delay board with the green wire to the new motor. All I get is the same click when pressing the wiper switch but I cant get any movement in the wiper motor or washer pump. I have power to the pump in the white wire and it seems to respond to the switch somewhat; however, when I press the switch in for the washer pump, power to (I believe) one of the pink wires gets cut off when testing with a test light. I am not sure if this is normal or not.

Could it be the delay board that is shot on my motor? Would a bad board prevent the wipers from working at all? Or do I possibly have a bad switch. Is there any way to test if my switch is shot with a multimeter or something before I try and buy a new switch. The switch in my car appears to be very rare and hard to find with the delay option for an 81 cutlass. Any tips or insight is appreciated! Thanks.

Attachments

• Cutlass.jpg
    Cutlass.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 81 Cutlass Wiper Switch.jpg
    81 Cutlass Wiper Switch.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 133

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
This might help....
DelayPulseWipep-Washer-731x1024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor