Trying One Last Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

see2xu

Apprentice
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
Owned three Aeroback 442s, all abandoned, but just bought this:

...closest thing I have ever seen to the '79 I ordered from the Ste-Therese assembly plant in the fall of '78 for my first new car. Mine was a 4-speed, 305-4V, air car, navy over pale blue with white interior, this one has power windows, locks, and an automatic (with console, n/a with the stick), and the colors are non-stock, but it's a great place to start.

Plans include a 700R, Ride-Tech suspension and big brakes, and 17" US Mag Sabers painted to match the upper body color. I've got an aluminum (station wagon) hood that will replace that ugly scoop, and an NOS decklid spoiler for a Century Turbo Coupe, like the one I put on my first one forty years ago.

May do a Dakota Digital instrument cluster, too.

I have an NOS Olds dash, in the GM box, that I won't need - I'll post it in due course in the For Sale section, but if anyone's interested, PM me. It's black, as they all were, so will have to be dyed if you have a different interior color.

Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I dig it. I'd do the Saber spokes in argent or charcoal similar to the wheels on it, though. Of course, as an Olds diehard, I cannot condone the Chevy powerplant, but Canadia gets a pass. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

see2xu

Apprentice
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
The 305 was also an SBC, as delivered from the factory, and so was the 260 offered, with the needle valves. They only went back to the 307 Olds ca. '83. The brochure has the requisite tag line "engines sourced from various GM divisions", in response to the stupid lawsuit in the '70s that alleged fraud because they were putting Chevy engines in Pontiacs.

You may be thinking of the earlier Canadian cars, before the trade agreement that allowed the automakers to integrate operations between Canada and the U.S. We used to get "Pontiacs" on Chevy chassis, with Chevrolet powertrains, window glass, etc., but Pontiac instrument panels, upholstery, and exterior Sheetmetal/trim. Or, latterly, Chevelles and Novas with Pontiac badges and horn buttons. Ste-Therese built G-Bodies for the eastern part of the continent. Now a shopping mall.

I dig it. I'd do the Saber spokes in argent or charcoal similar to the wheels on it, though. Of course, as an Olds diehard, I cannot condone the Chevy powerplant, but Canadia gets a pass. ;)

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I'm interested in the dash. PM'd you.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
That is a really nice Aero. I had seen it for sale a few months ago. Glad someone on here bought it. Show us more pics, please.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Nice looking car but with all the pictures there are no pictures of the underside and a new paint job so you wonder what is covered up

see2xu

Apprentice
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
Although I no longer reside in the Great, White, North, your Supremes endowed me with the evergreen right to express my opinion in your elections, so I did my best to send your snowboarding coach back to the pierced-and-tatted crew that miss him so much. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful,

Nice looking car but with all the pictures there are no pictures of the underside and a new paint job so you wonder what is covered up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor