TRZ reduced height solid body bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithw59

n00b
Feb 13, 2020
Any hang ups using TRZs reduced height bushings on an otherwise stock body, suspension? i.e. problems with brake lines, trans cooler lines, trans tunnel issues...any other unforeseen issues..

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yes.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't know if you watched the video but they are missing one bushing (TRZ guy on the video says if TRZ didn;t include them you don't need them) plus the bolt kit they sell you with the bushings are grade 8 so they aren't metric. Why do you need them?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I saw the video too, but I think he might have meant grade 8 equivalent. Note he also called them brass bolts. The bolts came from Mike's Montes and I doubt he'd send an SAE bolt kit out if you're needing metrics. But never say never.

#5 cushion isn't supplied because they didn't want to make a metal bushing that big IMO. If you have a 442 and most Cutlass, you likely have that bushing. The rubber one just sits in place. Not bolted in. Maybe not required in every car, but that's them just being lazy I'm betting.

I don't see the point of reduced height bushings. Get the regular polys if solid is what you want. Or fleming442 's hockey pucks that he loves so much. What about the radiator support? I may have missed something.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

keithw59

n00b
Feb 13, 2020
I was just sorta curious as to what others had to say about them and what everyone was using. If I went solid, I planned on using the standard height bushing, although the other *could* have been a possibility but after a little consideration, I think I'll steer clear of those. Price point wise, hockey pucks are hard to beat. I've seen a prothane poly set for around $105 on ebay. The car definitely needs mounts regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
As a word of caution, you may have some rotted mounts too. Don’t be surprised to pull the old bushings out and don’t have any frame or body to mount to in that location. Even some really clean cars suffer from it.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

keithw59

n00b
Feb 13, 2020
Yes Sir, I expect a little of anything and everything when I start. And thank you for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor