Turbo manifolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan88

Greasemonkey
May 31, 2018
hey guys just curious where to find a good set of turbo manifolds that fit our cars ? Its a 5.3 lm7 in it,planning doing a single turbo over the winter thanks for any help

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Haven't used any of them personally, but the hooker manifold is really stupid looking. Plus you need to still create a piece to plumb the exhaust from their manifold, to the hot side on the turbo. I assume they did that so both T4 and T6 frame turbos can be used? But really to me it just looks like more hotside connections to potentially leak, and you need to build like a mount to support your turbo with their manifold.

I'd be looking for the most heavy duty looking log style manifold I could fit in the confines of the car that you can bolt the turbo directly to. I like the look of the ones on dirty dingo's site, there was another place making them out of cast stainless steel that looked nice but I can't find them now, or remember the name of the place.

Reactions: 1 users

G.P.

Apprentice
Sep 21, 2019
MAGA North
i have to agree with the look on the hooker ones... i mean sure it probably works moar netter because science n sich but the price tag is astronomical.

Ive sourced a bare steel flange to build mine off of unless i uses the huron speed one... or something similar.
also online aliexpress is reasonable for things like flanges and turbos and sh*t... i mean you have to be careful you dont get like a picture of a turbo but thats the internet.

you can also read the sloppywiki and there is mention of someone who makes something similar. and pictures of something thats been abortionised onto a stock casting from what i can tell.
i think if someone even bought a huron log and used a stock manifold for the LH side like the 500-800 range would get you the sh*t you need to make the everything. of course double that for well covid. :banana: :ROFLMAO:

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Screenshot_20200829-084137.png

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor