Turn signal/Blinker issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
When I turn on my left turn signal the driver's side turn signals stay on with no blinking and no clicking from the dash. When I turn on the right turn signals they flash like normal and the audible clicking can be heard like normal. When I turn on my 4 ways they all come on but blink at a very inconsistent pace and theres no clicking happening(not sure if there is supposed to be for the 4 ways). All the other lights work and it doesnt change if the engine is off or running. What could my issue be? I have checked for bad bulbs, bad connections, grounds, you name it. Could it be my blinker and how would I test it? Thanks for any input.

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
Usually thats a burnt out bulb ..... but you said you checked it .... make sure you check the side markers too if you have them there easy to forget/miss.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
i made a post about this a few weeks ago maybe i can help.
Do they stay solid when the brake pedal is pressed but flash when not?
My problem was the switch in the collum. $30 for a new one and i was good.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Are the turn signals supposed to work with the key off? Mine dont but every other light does, headlights, taillights, and all 4 side markers. When I turn key and the left side turn signal on the front and rear turn signal just stays on while the front left side marker goes out but the rear side marker stays on. The right side seems perfectly fine except the rear side marker doesnt blink with the turn signal(im not sure if it's supposed to). When I turn the 4 ways on they start very slow then speed up but all 4 are together. Since every light works on the car that obviously rules out bad bulbs. My brain just farted :shock:

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
-83MONTESS- said:
Are the turn signals supposed to work with the key off?

With the key off turn signals dont work, thats normal. As for a solution .. I'm stumped :( .

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
ve3oky said:
-83MONTESS- said:
Are the turn signals supposed to work with the key off?

With the key off turn signals dont work, thats normal. As for a solution .. I'm stumped :( .
Ok atleast that's right :lol: Google isnt helping, it's leading me right back to this thread! Any other ideas???

tetomas

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
east central georiga
Make sure you have the correct bulbs in the turn signals, And make sure they are plugged in properly. It is possible to put the bulbs in wrong. The flasher responds to current, and if the bulbs are in wrong the smaller element in the bulb will not draw enough current to heat the flasher and make it work.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I suspect it's the turn signal switch that's defective. At the connector on the steering column check with a test light to see if you get power from the green wire with the right turn signal on.

RearTurn-Hazard-StopLight.jpg

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I'm 100 percent sure its the turn signal switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor