Turn signal issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
Can any body help me fix this small problem I check my turn signal fuse it was burn so i put in a new one and check my flasher but it's still don't blink just turn on does it have a relay flasher?

Attachments

• 14933445517281602432699.jpg
    14933445517281602432699.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 273

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
Can any body help me fix this small problem I check my turn signal fuse it was burn so i put in a new one and check my flasher but it's still don't blink just turn on does it have a relay flasher?
Looks like you are missing a flasher on bottom right of pic on fuse panel?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Check the bulbs, on old cars like this they were set up to stay lit and not blink when one of the lamps in the circuit was out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Should be 2 flashers, and you should check the bulbs for shorted filaments and correct type/trade number. Strange things happen with the wrong bulbs in the sockets.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
I know there no flasher just one on the upper left side?
There should be one on bottom right also. Had problems on my sons malibu similar to yours and was missing flasher. Installed both flashers...problem fixed. Also as ribbedroof says check all your bulbs to and grounds.

• Dislike

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If you try the hazards, do you hear anything? Sometimes the flasher will make one click only...same for signals. That would tell you if the flasher(s) were present in the circuit.

Seems like I recall later G bodies sometimes had one of the flashers in another location and did not use the second cavity in the fuse panel.

• Agree

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
It was working fine i check the flasher with a circuit tester see if power was coming but there no power? And all bulbs on back lights are good.

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
There should be one on bottom right also. Had problems on my sons malibu similar to yours and was missing flasher. Installed both flashers...problem fixed. Also as ribbedroof says check all your bulbs to and grounds.
The car came with only one I was wondering why it only had one how can I add another one do I need take all the fuse panel off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor