Turn Signal Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeMineaMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2018
RI
I'm having an issue with my right turn signal. When I turn it on, it stays solid and doesn't blink, both in the dash and the actual lights. Left turn works perfectly. What could the causes be and how can I trouble shoot it?

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
I have the exact same problem. Hope this thread is still active.

My 76 Malibu uses an 1157 dual filament bulb for the rear turn signal bulb. The one on the left (drivers side) works fine. The bulb on the rear right will light but not flash. The 4 way hazard flashers work. The bulbs second filament lights when when I engage the headlights. I have replaced both the front and rear bulbs and cleaned the bulb sockets. I have replaced the only turn signal flasher that I know of located in the fuse panel. There are 2 other units that look like flasher relays among the wiring under the dash. Don't know what they are. One has a noticeably longer case than the other. Not sure where to go at this point. Should I pull these two other units and try to track down what they are by the numbering stamped on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor