Turn signal issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Dumb. But true. If the improperly working bulb is brighter than the properly working bulb remove it, rotate 180 degrees, and reinsert then twist home.

On some models it's possible to insert the bulb backwards and get the symptoms you speak of.

Solved the issue on a Pontiac my mom had fail inspection on her in Vermont. First thing I tried after she told me the garage failed her for it not working properly after charging her to replace a burned out bulb during the inspection.
will give it a shot

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
if the ground was bad wouldn't that keep both filaments in the bulb from lighting at all?
No, because the current is going through the other filament. Electricity, like water goes through the easiest path

Reactions: 1 user

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Got it sorted out. Went back to my wiring diagram. Found that the flasher in the fuse box controls the hazard lights only. Digging under the dash I found the second flasher unit and replaced it. Up and running now. Thanks for everyone's help

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor