Turn signal problems...need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlon Entz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2017
erie
Lights and 4 ways are working on my 79 regal sport coupe but i have no turn signals. I checked my blinker relay and it's good, no power even reaching it after checking with a test light. Any ideas on what the problem is??

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
I'm sure someone will chime in. An introduction would be nice.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Mahlon Entz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2017
erie
I'm sure someone will chime in. An introduction would be nice.
I'm tex. Live up in erie pa.
Just swapped my pick-up for a regal with a transplanted 305. It needs tlc, alot of interior and some body work. It was already gutted for floorpan replacement when i got it. Really excited about turning this into a street beast but as i said before, this electrical issue has me stumped.

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Sweet I have a regal as well.. Not sure what your problem is , but there is a ton of knowledgeable people in here.. They will get you right! Hope you stick around.. And a big welcome to the best gbody site .

Mahlon Entz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2017
erie
I'm tex. Live up in erie pa.
Just swapped my pick-up for a regal with a transplanted 305. It needs tlc, alot of interior and some body work. It was already gutted for floorpan replacement when i got it. Really excited about turning this into a street beast but as i said before, this electrical issue has me stumped.
Sweet I have a regal as well.. Not sure what your problem is , but there is a ton of knowledgeable people in here.. They will get you right! Hope you stick around.. And a big welcome to the best gbody site .
Thanks man, i really appreciate it! I hope i get some direction in this one!
If i knew how to send a pic i would..

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20170727-081303.jpg
    Resized_Screenshot_20170727-081303.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 305

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Have you checked the harness going into the column itself? Making sure good contact? Make sure you have the correct bulbs in there too

Mahlon Entz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2017
erie
Have you checked the harness going into the column itself? Making sure good contact? Make sure you have the correct bulbs in there too[/QUOT

I haven't checked the bulbs. I'm assuming they're Right if they work using the 4 ways. It must be a bad connection Somewhere, i was hoping it was something easy and i wouldn't have to tear my dash apart. Whoever swapped the motor left me with a bit of a mess in the wiring dept..lol

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
You'd be surprised what a wrong bulb will do.. I'm assuming you have checked with a light tester on the harness with outv the bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor