Turn signal switch won't lock to right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2018
83 malibu wagon turn signal switch won't lock or turn on for right side. Left clicks on fine. Is this the switch?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Probably broken. Not hard to replace, you need a steering wheel puller, and a lock plate removal tool.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
You probably can get away with just replacing the turn signal cam. cheap part, Autozone usually carries them as a HELP! kit.

rnb-49300_at_ml.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yep. And both tools are like 15 a pop, should also be in the help isle. Or they should at least have em on hand. If you also get a pivot pin removal tool, you'll have all 3 necessary tools (besides an E8 socket) to fix a floppy tilt wheel. :D

Reactions: 1 users

Michael Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2018
You have to pull the wheel for cam or switch right? If so I may just swap them both while it's apart.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You have to pull the wheel for cam or switch right? If so I may just swap them both while it's apart.
Michael,
Chances are the switch is still good, and they do last a long time. I think by changing out the cancelling cam, you'll be good to go....and they're cheap, too.
The cams are more susceptible to breaking than the switch is.

• Agree

Michael Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2018
Michael,
Chances are the switch is still good, and they do last a long time. I think by changing out the cancelling cam, you'll be good to go....and they're cheap, too.
The cams are more susceptible to breaking than the switch is.
Awesome. Thanks

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
you most likely just need to springs that are pictured in regalbegal's post. you'll know more once you get inside. it not uncommon for them to break. its recommended to replace both at the same time.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Most likely the spring is gone. I think I have a couple if you cannot find them as a stand alone part

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor