turning key to start but nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
hello all i am trying to start my 350sbc in my car and i have power everywhere even at the fuse box with the ignition fuse but when i turn my key to start it does nothing i have checked all my grounds and everything is in place also made sure the column is in park. any other suggestions?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
hello all i am trying to start my 350sbc in my car and i have power everywhere even at the fuse box with the ignition fuse but when i turn my key to start it does nothing i have checked all my grounds and everything is in place also made sure the column is in park. any other suggestions?
Did you troubleshoot the starter? You said you have power everywhere....including the solenoid? Are you running msd, carb or efi?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
oh ok, so you know the starter is working and your getting power from the battery to the starter. That means you are not getting power to the start terminal. Do you have the purple wire attached to the start terminal?. If you do it may be you have a bad ignition switch on the column

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
there is no purple wire on my harness there is the two little wires which are combined for some reason (probably due to headers) and one big one on the harness.

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
Do you still have the fusible link in working order? Should run up one of the smaller wires to the starter.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
yes they are together and and in good shape. is there any grounds on the column? i have power to the gauge lights when i turn the key

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor