TV boost valves- o-ringed vs. non-o-ringed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
As I'm trying to figure out the parts needed for my 200-4R build, I noticed that there's two types of boost valves used...o-ringed and non-o-ringed. That also applies to the low/reverse valve as well.
What is the advantage, or disadvantage of using one or the other?
I'm guessing the o-ring type allows less pressure loss?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
If the valves were an interference fit you could go with the non-o-ring valves. But, wear and manufacturing tolerances indicate the need for a way to reduce pressure losses.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mike,
I am assuming that the o-ring type might be for pumps that have had significant miles and wear.
The o-ringed valves might help compensate for bore wear....again, I'm speculating.
Anyone else have a theory on this? What do some of you transmission builders suggest?

I found an explanation on the Sonnax site. It explains the purpose and function of the o-ringed valve.
https://www.sonnax.com/tech_resourc...imize-performance-with-sonnax-o-ringed-valves

Thanks again Mike. You pretty much explained it. No one else seems to have an answer for me...oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor