U bolt Exhaust Clamps ..WHAT THE HECK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Things never fail to amaze me and contribute to the fact that when trying to figure out what parts you will need, they get screwed up by either parts counter guys or myself, quick story .....So I need a muffler for my winter beater, it comes in, I want to install it. Obviously I will be needing U-Bolt clamps, but what size. WELLLLLLLL the inlet is 2.25" ID And 2.5" OD....I go to use a 2.5" Clamp, WAY TOO BIG! It takes a 2.25" clamp...... Now who would have thought THIS!! The parts counter guy couldn't even give me an answer. Why does the simplest of things it would seem, have a stupid a** issue like this!!? Another thing to add to the ridiculous column in life lol

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
how can a 2.25" u bolt be the right size for a 2.5" pipe?.....my understanding of u bolts is that they are always larger than the pipe diameter... :unsure:

Makes absolutely no sense to me. You would think if the OD is 2.50, you would need a 2.50" U bolt exhaust clamp, and it would be incorporated into manufacturing to obviously be slightly bigger to slide over the exhaust pipe... why the heck can't anything be simple anymore GOOD GRIEF

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I assume you actually measured the U bolts and didn't rely on the tag....the other thing is I hope the parts stores are open in your area...

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I assume you actually measured the U bolts and didn't rely on the tag....the other thing is I hope the parts stores are open in your area...
I did! I always measure ...saves agravasion latter lol ...Who would of thought you would need a 2.25" clamp to slid over a 2.5" exhaust pipe...only in America

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor