UAWs and missed opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjk374

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2017
Louisiana
How many times have you driven down the road and seen a beautiful g-body riding on UAWs? What are UAWs you ask?

https://goo.gl/images/F2yoFa

(I am still trying to learn how to post images...my apologies for having just the link)

Ugly *ss Wheels!

Sometimes I just wanna drag the driver out & take their car from them & declare them unworthy to own such a great car. These wheels are hideous.

Now the convertible part is awesome! Why didn't GM have this as an option for g-bodies back in the day?

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
How many times have you driven down the road and seen a beautiful g-body riding on UAWs? What are UAWs you ask?

(I am still trying to learn how to post images...my apologies for having just the link)

Ugly *ss Wheels!

Sometimes I just wanna drag the driver out & take their car from them & declare them unworthy to own such a great car. These wheels are hideous.

Now the convertible part is awesome! Why didn't GM have this as an option for g-bodies back in the day?[/QUOTE

That is a very old look that was a big fad early 2000s no one truly rides like that anymore at least in my parts. Now its about fitting the biggest wheel and tire in the fenders as possible. /its a different style than most people prefer but its one that I think is pretty nice if its done right
gbody.jpg

cjk374

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 8, 2017
Louisiana
The fad continues here...almost a daily sight here.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm guilty with Xtreme wheels, I think. They don't really fit the lines of the car because the centers are too rounded. I would much rather have something more fitting, BUT they were only $300 w/ 2 tires I got 70k miles out of, fit without any spacers, and they are 16x8".

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area

Ugly *ss Wheels!

Now the convertible part is awesome! Why didn't GM have this as an option for g-bodies back in the day?
G bodys look best with original rally wheels.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
I used to feel the same way but now I just appreciate that someone cares for the same style car and will do work to it instead of sending it to the junkyard. I'll support any style G-body build even if it's not my style/taste, too many people are buying transportation now, not buying a hobby/lifestyle/passion and I want to support those that love cars.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
I used to feel the same way but now I just appreciate that someone cares for the same style car and will do work to it instead of sending it to the junkyard. I'll support any style G-body build even if it's not my style/taste, too many people are buying transportation now, not buying a hobby/lifestyle/passion and I want to support those that love cars.
I second this

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Here I thought this was going to be a rant on how a union held you back from getting a higher paying job.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
G bodys look best with original rally wheels.

Disagree

G bodies look terrible with 14" wheels of any kind.

Not a fan of overly intricate wheels or most old musclecar wheels on G bodies...I'm a 5 spoke kind of guy

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor