UMI 304647 Brake Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
Has anyone used the UMI 304647 Brake Conversion? I have been trying to google more inforamtion about it but not really finding what I am looking for. IS there any modification that needs to be done for these to fit?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'm 99% sure that you need to remove the "ears" from the spindle, then drill and tap two holes for these to bolt on. Really a simple operation.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Has anyone used the UMI 304647 Brake Conversion? I have been trying to google more inforamtion about it but not really finding what I am looking for. IS there any modification that needs to be done for these to fit?

Doing the same thing to the 442. Here's the link to where it's at in my thread. https://gbodyforum.com/threads/1987-olds-442-project-build.55577/page-9 No drilling or tapping necessary. The caliper bracket bolts to the two backing plate holes.

Here's a video from my YT channel that covers the spindle and hubs.

Hutch

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Call them. Great people that stand by their products. I've bought quite a few of their products and have been satisfied with the support with the products. From what I've seen from them you will be very happy with that brake conversion.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Hey guys. The above information is pretty accurate. We are working on a bolt size upgrade from M8 to 3/8-24 which requires common drills and taps, just to stiffen things up a bit.

And yes, you do have to cut the ears off.

This mod uses standard C5 rotors and calipers. Very easy stuff to get.

Any questions hit me on this thread or [email protected] and 814-376-6000

thx

Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Thank you, I thought there was some minor fab work and I was correct.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
Thank you everyone for the insight and information. I am currently just doing research for the project but this definitly looks like the best option I have seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor