UMI Black Friday Sale - Talk me out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Unfortunately I know doing a major suspension upgrade leads to further required upgrades. I drove it to work today and took the twisty way home. Current suspension already outperforms the bolstering in my seat haha. I’ll need some better seats to keep me from falling out the window!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I think he’s on 18’s and I’m on 17’s. Same width and aspect ratio. I will give them a call and see if they will offer a further discount. Doubt it though
I wouldn’t count on them not helping you out. They want to sell parts - one order and invoice vs. two is worth a couple bucks.

I’ll guess they drop something - and if you’re going to buy them anyway, then why not? And they have the experience, lean on them for spring rate, shock settings, etc.

I know that they have hooked me up in the past with two different situations like the one your in now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
I just ordered the double adjustable lower rear control arms last night through Summit.

• Wow

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
Okay... buying its the easy part. Don't buy on a gonna get to it someday. Unless its NOS stuff and you never get around to installing it you will most likely lose money trying to resell aftermarket performance parts. They might not even have everything you want in stock, best to call and confirm and as you suggest, you catch them in a good mood and they might even go deeper discount to get you to buy.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I suppose if you had enough people interested in this setup, you could always work out a group deal. Just a thought. :unsure:

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
A forum group buy! I haven't been a part of one since my VW days on VWvortex. Where we all got a bunch of garbage Chineseium coilovers haha.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
My 87 EC is getting close to road testing after a complete frame swap and upgraded pro touring suspension from Savitske Classics and Customs. I got one of the last setups before Savistske shut down operations. As some may know. Savistske used several aftermarket sources/brands/vendors for his kits.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
A couple things here:
1) If you've come to us on the forum to "Talk you out of it" as the title of your post says, I think you know you've clearly came to the wrong place. We are enablers and instigators here and will always advocate buying cool stuff to make your ride nicer.
2) Reminder: UMI is a sponsor of the forum and will probably work with you to get you the things you NEED to make your Elky better. They want you to have their stuff as much as you do.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
A couple things here:
1) If you've come to us on the forum to "Talk you out of it" as the title of your post says, I think you know you've clearly came to the wrong place. We are enablers and instigators here and will always advocate buying cool stuff to make your ride nicer.
2) Reminder: UMI is a sponsor of the forum and will probably work with you to get you the things you NEED to make your Elky better. They want you to have their stuff as much as you do.
Haha hence why I posted it! All of us are a “bad” influence on one another. I’m calling them Monday morning to get their thoughts on what is going to be the best bang for my buck. I’m now at a point in my life of buy once cry once mentality. I would hate to buy some of the less expensive items from UMI to only discover in a few years that I need something with better features. Same approach as when I built the 383, no need for a full roller and fully forged bottom end but should I want to throw some boost at it in a year or two I’ll be out less money.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor