UMI Releases New Product- C5/C6 Front Brake Conversion Kit for the 78-88 GM G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
C5/C6 Front Brake Conversion Kit for the 1978-1988 GM G-Body
P/N 304647
Priced at $469.99/kit

UMI’s 304647 hub, bearing and bracket kit adapts C5 or C6 brakes to your G-body Pro-Tour machine. The 3046 laser cut bracket bolts to the spindle and properly locates the C5/C6 abutment bracket and caliper. The Made In USA aluminum face mount hub along with premium bearings and seals completes the installation. The hub features 5 x 4-1/2 and 5 x 4-3/4 bolt patterns and is intended to face mount the C5 or C6 brake rotor in exact factory location (front track width is unaffected). The kit includes premium bearing cups and cones along with the correct rawhide seal for great performance and reliability. The 304647 is the choice for UMI’s Green Machine and has been thoroughly tested to withstand road race and auto-x competition. 100% manufactured in USA as well as tested and raced out of Philipsburg, PA – USA.

P/N 3046- C5/C6 Front Brake Conversion Brackets Only

P/N 3047- C5/C6 Front Brake Conversion Hubs & Bearings (No Brackets)

P/N 304647- C5/C6 Front Brake Conversion Hubs, Bearings & Brackets

P/N 304647- Complete Kit

304647a_LRG.jpg

P/N 3046- Conversion Brackets Only

3046a_LRG.jpg

P/N 3047- Hubs and Bearings, No Brackets​

3047a_LRG.jpg

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
I was considering changing over to a blazer brake upgrade but this would prove conventional if I can mount on a gbody drop spindle. Is it possible to mount this product onto a 2" drop spindle? Dont see why not.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
So the idea is you buy this kit, and run down to your local parts store for factory rotors, calipers, pads and lines? If so, thats brilliant. Totally facilitates pieceing it together as money allows.

Do you know minimum wheel diameter required for these?

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
So the idea is you buy this kit, and run down to your local parts store for factory rotors, calipers, pads and lines? If so, thats brilliant. Totally facilitates pieceing it together as money allows.

Do you know minimum wheel diameter required for these?

I believe 17" is the minimum but I have heard people having trouble with 17" Torque Thrust II's.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
:(Ooh I cant get these... I want to run 15" wheels dang.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Glad someone made these... I have wanted to do the Vette front brake upgrade since I already have the C4 IRS in my car, but absolutely hate hub/bearing assemblies. I know millions of them on the road everyday and almost everything runs on them, but after having one come apart literally causing the wheel to leave the vehicle while driving on the highway and a dozen or so others fail over the years, I would never trust them on my car I drive aggressively. The old spindle and tapered bearing setup almost never fails and even when they do nearly impossible for rotor to come off.

Reactions: 1 user

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Would be interested in something like this if metric threads was an option so I can use my wheel locks.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Thanks for looking everyone. We are very excited about this kit, it is well put together and has two years of track testing on it.

You guys are correct, this kit uses off the shelf Corvette parts that can come from your local parts store, GM Dealers, GM Parts Direct, junk yard or a Corvette owner who is updating their brakes. The kit includes all GM part numbers needed to finish it.

They do require a 17" wheel minimum and there are a few wheels that won't work including the Torque Thrust II's like mentioned.

Reactions: 1 user

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Ryan, anything for 15" rally's now or coming soon? Restoring a 78 monte and staying with the retro look here... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor