UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Rear Frame Notch Kit for the 1978-1988 GM G-Body
P/N 3061
Priced at $109.99/kit

UMI Performance, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of our 1978-1988 G-body frame notch kit. This kit allows for narrowing the rear upper frame rails on the G-body for installation of a wider tire. Laser cut 1/8” premium steel follows the frame contour (with some intentional slight overhang) and is easily weldable with a standard Mig welder. End enlcosures are included to span from the repair to the original frame. Cutting, welding and fabrication is required. This kit is designed, manufactured and raced out of Philipsburg, PA-USA.

WEBSITE LINK HERE

3061a_LRG.jpg

3061ab_LRG.jpg

3061ac_LRG.jpg

3061ae_LRG.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Sure is nice to see a company use their products on their own G body. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I'll be installing this kit in the near future. Like the $110 price tag also. Thanks UMI !

Reactions: 1 users

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Just ordered this kit hopefully it will go on as easy as the instructions show.

Reactions: 1 user

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
Just ordered this kit hopefully it will go on as easy as the instructions show.

Thanks for the order! The installation takes some patience and a lot of cutting. I guess easy depends on how much you enjoy fabricating work and metal grinding, but it's not terrible. Let us know how it works out for you. Thanks again.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I've done my share of fabrication and to do that job would take a sheet of metal worth about $30, you have measure the frame on the car, trace that measurement onto the steel, then lay out the smaller pieces on the metal, and then plasma cut the metal if you don't have a laser machine to cut it. If you plasma cut you grind the edges to smooth them out. No way is it worth it to fabricate these pieces when the price is only $110.00

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Recieved the kit yesterday very nice thick pieces. Are these cut to order? Three days from order to ship not counting the weekend seems like a fairly long time if they are a stock item.

Ace Burt

Greasemonkey
Jul 23, 2017
Texas
Thanks for the order! The installation takes some patience and a lot of cutting. I guess easy depends on how much you enjoy fabricating work and metal grinding, but it's not terrible. Let us know how it works out for you. Thanks again.
What kind of wheel width, back sets and tire sizes could we use if we did this. I have an 87 El Camino LS powered I am building. Like everyone, I looking for maximum foot print without sacrificing handling.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Being I have done this from scratch I think this is a great price for a pre-cut kit plus you can save the cost of shipping by ordering from Summit or Jegs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor