UMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You have a nice transmission crossmember on your Green Machine that you fabricated. I think you mentioned you were considering to put into production to offer it to the G body public. Any updates on that?

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
The current prototype had more flex than we wanted so we are currently tweaking the design to get it where we want it.
We will need to test it before we put it in production and that probably won't happen until after the snow melts in the spring.

Craig

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks, that is what is great about UMI, you test everything so we don't end up being your R&D department...:)

UMI Sales

G-Body Guru
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 11, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
The original one we built was for the TH400. When we installed the TKO600, we added a tab from another product and converted it to fit the new trans. During operation I could feel the shifter moving a bit too much. The G Force units are crazy heavy but effective. I'm shooting for something similar but with perhaps a bit less weight.

We'll have updates in the Green Machine build thread.

ramey

Reactions: 1 user

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Umi is the best!! Spohn a close second......however I really like Spohn's new tubular lower control arms...Those will be mine in the future .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor