Under body products

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegalRegal

Greasemonkey
Nov 30, 2020
St. Paul, Mn
Hello I'm looking for suggestions for products to use on the bottom side of my body. Body will be blasted and on rotisserie. I've heard about bed liner and rubberized coatings but I have no experience with these products. Any input would be great.
I found this but not sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221209_013248_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221209_013248_Chrome.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 73

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I sprayed the bottom side of my tub with Upol Raptor. You’ll need the gun, but it’s only like $30. Easy to mix, easy to spray, tough as nails. The standard black came out with a satin finish and it’s not overly textured.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
That product is very heavy and provides aggressive texture I'm not sure what you're looking for but some of the bedliners like he mentioned are a little smoother. I sprayed the underside of my car with a bedliner spray from sem
and it's on the smoother side compared to the 3m you posted.

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I also did the underside of my wagon with spray on bedliner.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
If you are blasting clean, I would epoxy prime and use U-Pol Gravitex. U-Pol Raptor would work as well. Body Schutz is more rubbery and never fully dries. Gravitex gets hard and it is paintable.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I used upol raptor. You can buy kits that come with a gun. I used this kit on the underside of my monte. It took all of it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074KQLKMH/?tag=gbody-20
Easy to spray, tintable, paintable, and doesnt come off easy. Ive accidentally hit edges with wire wheels without damage. Just strip, brush on epoxy at the seams,seam seal, 2 wet coats of epoxy and spray the raptor. I plan on buying 2 more qts for my wheel wells and trunk also.
20200704_160000.jpg
20200704_160023.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

RegalRegal

Greasemonkey
Nov 30, 2020
St. Paul, Mn
I used upol raptor. You can buy kits that come with a gun. I used this kit on the underside of my monte. It took all of it.
Easy to spray, tintable, paintable, and doesnt come off easy. Ive accidentally hit edges with wire wheels without damage. Just strip, brush on epoxy at the seams,seam seal, 2 wet coats of epoxy and spray the raptor. I plan on buying 2 more qts for my wheel wells and trunk also.

If you are blasting clean, I would epoxy prime and use U-Pol Gravitex. U-Pol Raptor would work as well. Body Schutz is more rubbery and never fully dries. Gravitex gets hard and it is paintable.

What is a decent brand of epoxy primer?
How does epoxy primer react with light rust. Jusy curious not that I'm Planning to paint over rust but there is always a chance a seam is not perfectly clean.

RegalRegal

Greasemonkey
Nov 30, 2020
St. Paul, Mn
Easy to spray, tintable, paintable, and doesnt come off easy. Ive accidentally hit edges with wire wheels without damage. Just strip, brush on epoxy at the seams,seam seal, 2 wet coats of epoxy and spray the raptor. I plan on buying 2 more qts for my wheel wells and trunk also. View attachment 212580 View attachment 212581
That looks great!

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Ive used Body Schutz for years. Probably started in the early 80s. Ive used it under both of my Malibus and even a couple of my trucks when they were new.
Now that Ive told you this I have to say if I could do it all again I'd use Raptor. Its a much better product. Crank up the pressure when your spraying it and it comes out a little smoother.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor