442 Underhood Decals and Things.

Trader history for 69hurstolds (0)

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Here's an example of some door jamb decals I just got done as a request. Just finished them today. VIN was covered for obvious reasons.

79 Cutlass Door Jamb Decals EXAMPLE.jpg

abbey castro

Master Mechanic
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I made my own too. Most of the stuff out there is way off. You've done a very nice job. Hope GM doesn't say anything as they have strict licensing process for reproduction stuff if its sold.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Working in collaboration with 88hurstolds in getting more stuff done. Predominately for 85 and 87 442, but some of the stuff can be used on other G-bodies, like F41 sway bar part number decals, spring codes, shock codes, bumper shock codes, shifter cable and throttle cable tags, and detent cable tag, gas tank filler neck code decal, etc. 99% of them are derived from originals.

Some people think that putting on spring tags, etc., are over-restoring. But I'm only really concerned with being able to put the same tags/decals on the car which came that way from the factory. And there's a lot of them even if you don't see most of them. Who knew?

Like this...

PZ rear spring codes

PZ rear spring decal 477512 sample.jpg

DNY/DYK front spring tags, CY and 113 front/rear F41 sway bars, G3/G4 and YK rear air shock/front HD shock, FB/EY front/rear bumper shock.

Undercar decals swaybar shocks ft springs.JPG

Pretty much going to be able to redo all the stickers from front to back.

abbey castro

Master Mechanic
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I made my own too, in .ppt so I can't post an example,, from the originals that were still intact while doing my off-frame. They are easy to make as long as you have pieces of originals. I left many of my originals on the pieces and still made them using .ppt The "FB" Power Brake I made.
1604776940704.png

Attachments

• Label Power Brake  (2).jpg
    Label Power Brake (2).jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Label Rear Springs (12).jpg
    Label Rear Springs (12).jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Rktpwrd

abbey castro

Master Mechanic
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Forgot one thing: I am the original owner of the 87SS. I took plenty of notes as I was taking the car apart for markings etc. At least in mine, many pictures I find online with swatches of paint colors and markings that mine did not have. Maybe they were made in Arlington and markings were different? Mine is a Pontiac MI car. If my car didn't have it then it doesn't now.