442 Underhood Decals and Things.

Trader history for 69hurstolds (0)

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arlington cars were built a bit differently than Pontiac cars for sure. There may be markings or other things that didn't make it on to the cars depending on where it was made. For one thing, it is RARE to find any Michigan built car with a build sheet hidden in it. Arlington, there's a good chance you'll find one somewhere. Not always, but I've seen way more Arlington build sheets than Michigan ones. Lansing must've been very neat with the trash in the cars. I've never seen a Lansing build sheet myself. Although they likely had a stray or two statistically speaking.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Mine didn't have one. But I do have the Monroney Label.
I can do those too.

Hutch 87 442 window sticker with RPO working copy.jpg

OldsCutlass

Greasemonkey
Apr 28, 2015
Lansing, Mi
Arlington cars were built a bit differently than Pontiac cars for sure. There may be markings or other things that didn't make it on to the cars depending on where it was made. For one thing, it is RARE to find any Michigan built car with a build sheet hidden in it. Arlington, there's a good chance you'll find one somewhere. Not always, but I've seen way more Arlington build sheets than Michigan ones. Lansing must've been very neat with the trash in the cars. I've never seen a Lansing build sheet myself. Although they likely had a stray or two statistically speaking.
My 79 Cutlass was built in Lansing and had an Arlington build sheet in the rear quarter panel beneath the trim.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you use a PF-45 filter on your V8 Olds, (or supersession PF-61) you may have searched for a period applicable oil filter.

PF45 Old Style Oil Filter Label.jpg

I got something to fix that. While many don't care about looking correct, there's a few out there who do. We've all seen those classic white PF-25s, etc., but if you run a 455 you would need a PF-30 and they don't make those anymore. Sorry, can't help you on that one.

But if you run the blue filter, you can stick these on any blue filter and have it look more correct. Have one of those newer "duraguard" filters? Take that label off and put this one on.

PF45 Old Style Oil Filter Decals.jpg

And for those guys that have 305s, or have a Corvette, or have a 60s Olds with an L6, the PF-25 has its own 80s look to it too.

s-l640.jpg

And with that, I got ya covered too. All oil filter labels $4 each shipped.

oil filter PF-25 80s label sample.jpg

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
More stuff.

Unfortunately I do not have a 1980 or 78/79 to work with (if anyone has a nice clear, readable picture of their originals, please PM me.)

There are repro C60 evaporator housing decals out there in varying quality. IMO, none of them actually come close. Not terrible, but not really all that great. I'm not claiming any greatness with mine, mind you, but the information is accurate. And I don't know of any of them with the "CH. B.O.P." writing on them. $5.00 each shipped in USA. Canada a tad more. These are made from a shiny foil substrate that mimics the originals to some degree. It gives the yellow in the CAUTION area a yellow-greenish hue slightly to emulate the original as best as I could. There are subtle differences between the 3. 1980 is very close to the top one, but I don't know what the area in the blue has in it.

Perfect? No. As close as they come to originals as compared to what's available? I'd say yes.

For 81-84:

81-84 C60 Evap Housing Decal.JPG

For 1985 ONLY:

85 C60 Evap Housing Decal.JPG

And 86-88:

86-88 C60 Evap Housing Decal.JPG

Reactions: Rktpwrd

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Welp, I just got done doing a grunch of 87 decals for someone. My own 87 442 has the gift of Rusty Jones goop pretty much underneath the entire car, so while it's good in a way, it sucks in that all the decals have a black coating on them underneath.

So here's a pic (not all inclusive) of 83 H/O, 84 H/O, 85 442, 86 442, and 87 442 stuff. Not everything is shown as I forgot to put them in. But at least you get the idea that your G-body Olds came with more than just a couple of decals under the hood. Who knew? Not shown are SPIDs and door jamb decals. They're made specifically for YOUR car with your VIN.

Package deal. $70-80 USD shipped for everything I have for your particular car, not including SPIDs and Door Jamb decals. Since they're custom, and take some time, add $35 to the package price if you want those. Window sticker packages may be available too, if you need one. That would be an additional $25 if you buy the package. Price will be dependent on what I do have. Your car came with a decal showing the engine serial number on it on the driver valve cover. This is a particular number for YOUR car's engine. There's 2 labels on the driver valve cover- Part number and code tag, and the engine serial number tag. I can do those for 84-87, just give me S/N of your engine or we can come up with something. 83 used some weird crap on the front end of the driver cover, and I don't have that stuff available- Yet.

I do have the RK decal for the cruise control transducer for the 83 H/O, however, and the C&C "OK for shipping" windshield tag.

If you have a SPID in your car or have a build sheet, I would need to know the spring codes, position 6, 7, 8, and 9. For example, 6UJ, 7NY, 8HN, 9SW. Then you can get the appropriate spring code tags.

Although I am geared toward the Oldsmobile Cutlass, if you need something for your car and it ain't a Cutlass, holler at me. Never know. I've been able to help out some of the Malibu and Monte guys. Never hurts to ask.

If you have any questions of what the decals are, just ask.

G-body Pack Decals.JPG

The latest "interesting decal" I had the pleasure to make was that another member here had a request for a non-factory decal. It was from 1984, the extended warranty program. Called the GM Protection Program. Has little decals he had placed in the quarter windows on his 84 H/O. At first I wasn't sure I could make them. Then after thinking about it, I came up with some work arounds and was able to cobble something together. Isn't perfect, but now I've got one on the Ford Focus window trying it out to check for sun fading, etc. The colors aren't SUPPOSED to instantly disintegrate, but that's why it's there being tested.

Original:

gm-protection-plan window decal.JPG

Decal ready to peel and stick.
GM Continuous Protection Program Window Decal.JPG

First test to see what it looked like (stuck it to a clear plastic cover lid):
Continuous Protection Plan Decal TEST INSTALL.JPG

Attached to the "test vehicle" static quarter window in my late MIL's 2012 Ford Focus:

Test Decal GM protection Plan Window.JPG