Underhood education, 231 CCC - What are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Hi guys. As I'm finally digging in to my Regal, I'm discovering the wonders of early '80s technology. As we all know, the CCCs are a mess of sensors, wires and vacuum lines. So I have a question on a few of these. My ultimate goal is to get all the vacuum lines correctly connected. We've already replaced a lot of them. Especially want to know what this blocked-off hose is. I have plenty of 5/32 and 7/32 hose. Thanks in advance.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
What model and year is your car? Vacuum routing varies by every year.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
You should have a diagram under the hood on the fan shroud that will tell you where they go I'll check all my old manuals tomorrow also and see if I can find any info on this

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
My first inclination is the hose with the bolt goes to the air cleaner sensor. Start car, remove bolt and see if you have vacuum. If you do, that probably goes to air cleaner. If not... need some other pics that show a wider view

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I agree- that is for the THERMAC sensor in the air cleaner. Now, where is the choke wire? It is light blue with a goofy plastic connector that breaks as soon as you look at it so look for the remains.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yup. It must be defective- it isn't broken - yet. :mrgreen:

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I think the choke wire being unplugged was the cause of my fast idle. Haven't had a chance to take it out with it plugged in again, but seems the consensus is that was the culprit.

Bonnewagon

Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
was the cause of my fast idle

Absolutely. Usually it is broken, unavailable, and left off. I go all the way to solder the wire to the choke fitting and then add a bullet connector a little upstream. Remember that when it breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor