Universal seat slider experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm looking to buy a seat slider to adapt to my stock seat. I've seen these ultra cheap ebay and Amazon units. Does anyone have any experience with these? Or anything else for that matter?

In an effort to maintain the factory look. The issue I need to resolve is that the stock seat sits too high and too far forward for helmet clearance. I've already modified my factory slider (cut and weld lol ), but I think I could do better with something lower profile. As silly as it sounds, I need the seat back without much lean, especially not the factory lean - I guess from driving trucks too much I feel the need to be 'up on the wheel' when the loud pedal gets pressed ;)

Open to thoughts and experiences.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have a combination of factory power bases and seat relocation plates that I made out of 1/4" plate that move the seat back.

1619652386816.png

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Are they stable when you're in the seat? Those look exactly what I need lol - 2-2.5" back.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Are they stable when you're in the seat? Those look exactly what I need lol - 2-2.5" back.
Yes they are stable, there is still support at that set back any farther you would probably need to add support underneath.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor