CUTLASS Unmolested 1986 Cutlass Supreme Brougham strange electrical issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tywhitty

n00b
Feb 13, 2020
I just picked up an 1986 Cutlass Supreme Brougham from the original owner. Factory 307. It's in excellent condition but has a strange electrical issue that is keeping it from running...
The only thing that is working is the interior courtesy lights down by the kick panels. As soon as I turn the key to "ON" they fade out. It also kills all power to fuse box! If I turn to "START"- nothing... As soon as I turn the key back to "OFF" the courtesy lights come back on.
Previous owner had the steering column replaced but says he drove it occasionally for about 3 months before the car just stopped working.
Brand New charged battery. Wire harness is completely original and unmolested. I'm leaning towards starter solenoid or ignition switch... any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor