Update on my 1985 Buick Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Haven't done much to the old Regal lately since installing new shocks and installing new headliner. I justordered an a/c kit so I can get the cool air flowing again. Hopefully gonna get installed next week.

I purchased new bumper fillers a few months ago. Went with fiberglass. I wasn't sure if I could install them or not. Heard they could be hard to get fitted. On Friday, I started on the rear ones, took rear bumper off, got what was left of the old fillers removed and believe it or not, got the new ones on. Saturday, got the front ones installed! They look awesome!

Getting it painted next! Hopefully in a month or two. Gonna keep it the original color. Looking forward to getting her looking great again!

Reactions: 2 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Haven't done much to the old Regal lately since installing new shocks and installing new headliner. I just ordered an a/c kit so I can get the cool air flowing again. Hopefully gonna get installed next week.

I purchased new bumper fillers a few months ago. Went with fiberglass. I wasn't sure if I could install them or not. Heard they could be hard to get fitted. On Friday, I started on the rear ones, took rear bumper off, got what was left of the old fillers removed and believe it or not, got the new ones on. Saturday, got the front ones installed! They look awesome!

Getting it painted next! Hopefully in a month or two. Gonna keep it the original color. Looking forward to getting her looking great again!

The AC will make summer a lot easier to deal with. Let's see what those new bumper fillers look like!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
The AC will make summer a lot easier to deal with. Let's see what those new bumper fillers look like!
IMG_0120.JPG IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0125.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Nice! Those fillers look good. Your interior is the same color as mine except yours looks nicer. Is that an original dash without any cracks? I'm digging this clean Regal. Got any more pics?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
Nice! Those fillers look good. Your interior is the same color as mine except yours looks nicer. Is that an original dash without any cracks? I'm digging this clean Regal. Got any more pics?
Thanks Opie! Yeah, that is the original dash. I'll try to get some more pics. Getting a/c done this weekend, hopefully get the dent in passenger door fixed soon.

Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
mikey,
looking nice, you def need that a/c with our humidity!

side note, I may have seen you one or twice... I work out at Mickey truck body on Greene st, and am always watching the road for other g-bodiers. you ever go to the thursday cruise in on main st? been once with the GP, and hope to bring it again soon.

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC
mikey,
looking nice, you def need that a/c with our humidity!

side note, I may have seen you one or twice... I work out at Mickey truck body on Greene st, and am always watching the road for other g-bodiers. you ever go to the thursday cruise in on main st? been once with the GP, and hope to bring it again soon.
Hey, thanks! Go by Mickey all the time. Just retired from Thomas Built Buses. Just got the a/c going again today! Cooling great! Yes, I have been to the Thursday night cruise, but haven't had the Regal down there yet. My Mom's car. She passed away a little more than a year ago. Got to get a little dent fixed on passenger door. Trying to get new paint soon. Hope to see you at the cruise in soon.

Reactions: 1 users

Mikey

Apprentice
May 1, 2016
High Point, NC

Trying to find a passenger door for my Regal. Got a pretty good dent in it, my body guy said it would be better to find a good door rather than trying to repair it. Might be hard to find one.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Trying to find a passenger door for my Regal. Got a pretty good dent in it, my body guy said it would be better to find a good door rather than trying to repair it. Might be hard to find one.
You'd be better off trying to repair the door than trying to find a rust free door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor