Update on my Grand Prix...11-15-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys.

It's been awhile since I've gotten some new pics up, so here it goes. As you've seen, I got some new wheels and tires. Got a great deal from a shop about a half an hour from me. 14 inch American Racing chrome Torq-Thrusts. I can't tell if they're II's or D's or anything. They're kinda older. They have a classic looking AR script on them, then a swooshy American flag color scheme. Look like something 80's. Regardless, Hoosier white letter street radials too. Look GREAT on the car! They completely change the look of it! Plus, I cleaned under the hood more, removed the underhood material, and tinkered with a few more things. I also sprayed the air cleaner cover and bracing bars black too. I also scrubbed the hell out of the interior too. Before winter, I want to spray the carpet black with fabric spray, and hopefully respray the top again. Fix any holes in floor if they're there too. Then, in spring, I'm doing a full tune-up, full brake job, speakers, bodywork, installing the gauges, installing a colum mount tach, and installing a Hurst-Indy floor shifter for my auto. Plus, installing my Thrust Turbo muffler and putting a straight pipe in for the cat because I'm getting PA Classic plates.

So here's just a few pics. It's kinda dirty because I've been working on it...

engine bay
IMG_5906.jpg

interior
IMG_5702.jpg

door panels (were MAD dirty)
IMG_5717.jpg

factory rally gauges
IMG_5700.jpg

85 shop manual
IMG_5710.jpg

see the difference in wheels? (rally up front, tt's in the back)
IMG_5903.jpg

yep
Picture106.jpg

yuuup
Picture113.jpg

retro centers...
IMG_5863-1.jpg

Very nice! I like the gauge cluster, that will deff. be a nice addition. The interior looks amazing! Thats awesome, interior work can get expensive really fast. Your right about the wheels and tires, they make all the difference in the world. I'm not sure what AR wheels those are, they're not TT II's, they look like Cragers almost. But it looks 100% better!

Thanks guys!

8)

I'm very happy with how everything's comming together. I can't wait until spring so I can do the brakes and everything and get her back on the road legally. I'll be starting on more body work also so that more of the panels are primered instead of only the drivers side fender and door. I think I've settled on a dark gun-metal grey for the car. That with the black vinyl top and the chrome all over the rest of the car, I think will look great!

😀

PICS

How do I get pics of my car posted in this section? Thanks

Re: PICS

Footbrake said:
How do I get pics of my car posted in this section? Thanks
If you have the pics on your computer you need to post them on a host site, like Cardomain and then use the IMG tab on the reply screen and insert the address, you'll find that by right clicking on the picture and scrolling down to properties and it'll be there. If you have any more questions PM me 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor