Upgraded lower steering column bearing kit for G-body - questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Y'all got me thinking about it too lol. I'm not pulling my column though. Curious the difficulty of doing the swap with column in car.
You're completely capable, Sir.

Reactions: 1 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
The hardest part will be the intermediate shaft. Once that's off it's all down hill (y)

Hutch

Reactions: 1 users

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
give the shaft at the bottom of your column a wiggle before dismantling anything.....if it needs a bearing changeout, you'll know....it will wiggle.....if not, the upgrade choice is yours

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
give the shaft at the bottom of your column a wiggle before dismantling anything.....if it needs a bearing changeout, you'll know....it will wiggle.....if not, the upgrade choice is yours
I heard he likes to wiggle shafts... :)

Anyway, Injectedcutty I'm thinking if you haven't got your driver side fenderwell in (can't recall), it'll make that job a ton easier to reach the lower bushing/bearing by simply popping off the front tire. And if you can reach it now, It's one of the best 20 something bucks plus a little time you'll ever spend by not having to worry about that beeyotch later when everything is buried. JMO.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I heard he likes to wiggle shafts... :)

Anyway, Injectedcutty I'm thinking if you haven't got your driver side fenderwell in (can't recall), it'll make that job a ton easier to reach the lower bushing/bearing by simply popping off the front tire. And if you can reach it now, It's one of the best 20 something bucks plus a little time you'll ever spend by not having to worry about that beeyotch later when everything is buried. JMO.
Wheelwell is still out much to the chagrin of RKTPWRD lol. I'll find the bearing any maybe give it a go while the astro shaft is off for repaint.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Wheelwell is still out much to the chagrin of RKTPWRD lol. I'll find the bearing any maybe give it a go while the astro shaft is off for repaint.
$19.99 shipped. (390 sold!!!! Is this a big problem area in secret? Or just Jeeps?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor