Upholstery Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
i did complete interior swap my self. black is a good swap but finding black seat belts and plastic interior parts are kinda hard to find but the are making reproduction ones now slowly. i have bought all my parts from several venders.still looking for seat belts i bout a set but they were dyed.
old interior.jpg
14680556_10206747753562070_8733943070498338512_n.jpg
IMAG0545.jpg
IMAG0322.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
My original interior was burgundy. I have a local interior shop that redid the headliner for $50.00, I pulled it. I SEM coated the plastic interior parts black. On the doors I had the interior shop redo the vinyl uppers and recovered the vinyl arm rests. Did a great job for the money. Looking at what he did I am going to pull the dash and let him recover that. He convinced me that the materials have gotten so good he can do wonders. The gbody dashs are a big deal with cracking. I do not like the price or the look of the aftermarket door panels or dashes so this is the way I am going. He said he can recover my dash for $500.00 with padding. Looking at his work I think that is a pretty decent deal

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Plastic parts can be dyed.

Actually, no they can't. They can be painted. Porous substances can be dyed, plastic is not porous.

Sorry to pick on you, It just irritates me when I see the expression.

Reactions: 2 users

80oldscutlass

Apprentice
Nov 7, 2014
Littleton,Colorado
i did complete interior swap my self. black is a good swap but finding black seat belts and plastic interior parts are kinda hard to find but the are making reproduction ones now slowly. i have bought all my parts from several venders.still looking for seat belts i bout a set but they were dyed. View attachment 118445 View attachment 118446 View attachment 118448 View attachment 118449
Thanks for the pics! Just curious what interior did you use for the seats.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Not sure I'd want dyed seatbelts. Over the years I've heard it breaks down the belts themselves unlike the rest of the fabrics used in the cars.

This is what we were taught in I-Car classes. They can be rewebbed, couple places online start about $75/belt, pretty cheap really for a safety item. I'll be having the wagon belts done IF I ever get to it.

Reactions: 1 user

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
Not sure I'd want dyed seatbelts. Over the years I've heard it breaks down the belts themselves unlike the rest of the fabrics used in the cars.
i bought them from a member on here. 150.00 for factory black set. i got them they were dyed. i have been slowly finding replacement ones. i threw the dye ones away.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
i bought them from a member on here. 150.00 for factory black set. i got them they were dyed. i have been slowly finding replacement ones. i threw the dye ones away.
I know the pain on the search, I was looking for a full bench set in dark maple ('81,'83,'84) but settled for a set of burgundy out of a '86 cause they were free. Someday I'll get another set but red is red for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor