Upholstery Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
It's all good. See it all the time, and today was the day I decided to be a prick about it. Nothing personal at all.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
Thanks for the pics! Just curious what interior did you use for the seats.
[/QUOT
i bought the seat covers,front and back online. from i think it was AAAAUTO. they are the same ones gbodypart.com sell. they were little cheaper.the seat buns i got off ebay.the headliner i got from mikesmonties.carpet i got from rockauto.the upper door panels were from gbodyparts and the lowers are from mikesmoties.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I set up an account with PUI to get all my interior stuff, to be honest I wasn't really pleased with their customer service. Hopefully it was worth it in the end to get all the stuff, I will say I did like ACC which is who I set up the account to get the carpet through. I went with a different color carpet since it didn't match the rest of the interior stock anyways.
PUI's website is joke as well. Hard as hell to decipher. I ended up with a cover without head rests for my 70S Cutlass die to their crappy catalog.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
PUI's website is joke as well. Hard as hell to decipher. I ended up with a cover without head rests for my 70S Cutlass die to their crappy catalog.

Yeah I don't know that their customer service would have helped too much anyhow, when I ordered all of mine. They told me seat foams wouldn't be ready until May 9th and that the door panels would take 9 days to be ready when I placed the order in the beginning of April. They were in no rush to take the order let alone ship it, so after about five days I message them and ask about why the stuff in stock didn't go out. They gave me a bogus shipping number that still took another full day to get shipped. Once I get the headliner there were tears in the corners of them from shipping. Then May 6th I message them because I still hadn't received the door panels that were only supposed to take 9 days. They then tell me they are not sure when they will get the seat foams in but probably another month plus. So I tell them I think I am going to cancel the order, which then gets the process moving more quickly and I get them only a few weeks late.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah I don't know that their customer service would have helped too much anyhow, when I ordered all of mine. They told me seat foams wouldn't be ready until May 9th and that the door panels would take 9 days to be ready when I placed the order in the beginning of April. They were in no rush to take the order let alone ship it, so after about five days I message them and ask about why the stuff in stock didn't go out. They gave me a bogus shipping number that still took another full day to get shipped. Once I get the headliner there were tears in the corners of them from shipping. Then May 6th I message them because I still hadn't received the door panels that were only supposed to take 9 days. They then tell me they are not sure when they will get the seat foams in but probably another month plus. So I tell them I think I am going to cancel the order, which then gets the process moving more quickly and I get them only a few weeks late.
I ordered through Summit because I heard about their great customer service. I should have spent the extra money on Legendary interiors, just better all around but it costs you more.

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
You could try an upholstery shop, they could probably find something close to original. I didn't have very good results with pui. And legendary was no help either.

80oldscutlass

Apprentice
Nov 7, 2014
Littleton,Colorado
So I did some more research and found that gbodyparts.com carries Acme products. I really like the gray that come in the 81-88 Cutlass models. I like the design much better then my current pillow top design. I am not going to for 100% original as I am not planning on showcasing the car I don’t think it’s worth that. I would just like to have a nice cruiser that means something to me because this was my 1st car.

That being said I am going to go pick up the interior parts from azregal and go with a grey that matches. I think this will be very cost effective and a good option as to what I am looking for.

Reactions: 1 user

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
For what it's worth I believe rock auto sells acme interior upholstery and probably for less than g body parts too

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor