Upper body seals that window goes against when closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spintire47

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2019
Westerly R.i.
Can anyone tell me what the seals are called that the window goes up against when the door is closed? I ordered door seals for my 84 Cutlass and supposedly those seals are not included and I need to order them but I have no clue what they call those seals???

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You won't get them on a door set because they are for a roof. Door weatherstrips are considered such for the door opening seals and the top of the door seals against the window (belt reveal). I think what you are looking for is roof rail weatherstrips. I'm assuming you have a hard top. Unless you're actually talking about the top of the door sealing strips.

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
Like 69hurstolds said they are called roof rail weatherstrip.

Spintire47

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2019
Westerly R.i.
You won't get them on a door set because they are for a roof. Door weatherstrips are considered such for the door opening seals and the top of the door seals against the window (belt reveal). I think what you are looking for is roof rail weatherstrips. I'm assuming you have a hard top. Unless you're actually talking about the top of the door sealing strips.

Spintire47

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2019
Westerly R.i.
I got my Cutty back yesterday from the body shop and I am very happy with the results! New door seals are on, inside window sweeps and rear window was removed for a little rust repair and some around windshield.The whole roof was stripped to bare metal and repainted. It cost me $1373 and worth every penny! I just need to get the roofrail weatherstrip seals and I will be ready for the interior to go back in!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Word to the wise on those roof rail seals. Get you some 3m Weatherstrip adhesive, a small tube will do. Run a THIN bead of it along the back of the roof rail strip and install. Work it into the retaining groove. A popsicle stick or similar smooth plastic tool (nothing sharp) can help. This will help keep the strip in place, seal the back side, yet won't be a T-total mess if you ever have to remove the seal if it wears out or becomes damaged.

Like some other things, I don't recommend installing the rubber dry. :) It won't stay on. Don't ask me how I know.

Spintire47

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2019
Westerly R.i.
I appreciate the info but im having the body shop that just installed tbe door seals do those also. Besides I'm sure you know it's critical to get those right or you can damage or smash the window with one closed the door!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor