upper control arm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
IMG_20191104_154246.jpg

Alright boys, dont flame me too hard ...... from the pic i attached...... did i install upper control arms on the wrong sides?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Looks backy-wards to me. The stop bumper slot should be rearward from centerline, and the angled side should be in the back.

Assuming it's stock.

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
ok so to clarify this is a stock setup and it is indeed the drivers side you guys are looking at. my reason for asking is that i had gotten everything assembled and when i was sliding the shock up into place i noticed the upper control arm was just contacting the brake line and i wasnt sure if it was like that because the suspension is sitting fully unloaded or if i had the arms on backwards.

wv hillbilly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2017
Tornado, WV
straight side towards front
118.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
They're backwards to me. Just sayin'. I ain't the sharpest tool in the box, but they just don't look right to me.

oldsofb , aka Hutch, has his video of his rock stock 87 442 having the frame removed. Here's a vid cap showing what I was talking about.

Hutch Front UCA vidcap.jpg

And here's a pic from above of a stock Monte SS A-arm. Note the angle in the rear and the bumper slot toward rear.

ia8r6P7.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the long side of the upper need to be on the rear. It is to compensate for the angle the upper control arm bracket is on

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor