upper control arm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullett801

Apprentice
Sep 2, 2019
Oops, I was looking at the spindle, not the Upper A Arm. yep, It is backwards bro.......

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
With all that caster, you could kill your PS pump trying to turn that thing.

I need to clarify the bumper slot rear of centerline. What I meant was centerline of the POCKET it sits in, not the A-arm itself. It should ultimately line up with the shock stem.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
With all that caster, you could kill your PS pump trying to turn that thing.

he could put on a manual box and get a steering wheel from a 66 Peterbilt... :giggle:

8624eef0cdb65e6753cc3974dba16f2a.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
Alright thanks for the input guys, I will flip them but I might have to wait. From the looks of local weather snow is gonna be rolling in soon. So I need to slap the rest of the steering back in and get it back into the garage. If I leave them the way they are will I be doing any harm if leave them the wya they are and let it sit in storage until spring? Or should I just suck it up and just get the swap done even if the snow starts flying?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
No, it won't hurt to leave them like that sitting up over the winter. You just want to get them swapped before you get it ready for final alignment and street use.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

lp08ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2018
Ok that's gives me some relief lol, but yes will definitely rectify before sending it for an alignment. Thanks for all the help guys!

1980s

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2019
I'm late but yep, it is on the wrong side according to my gm shop manual and my experience with rebuilding a similar front end. A clue that I didn't see mentioned is the amount of positive caster; the tilt of the line between the upper añd lower ball joints. I doubt the correct setting could be with shims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor