CUTLASS Upper radiator hose engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The alternator is on the passenger side and the oil is added on the top of the valve cover. Did you see my pics?
So you have a SBC 350 but it appears you might have a 90 degree thermostat housing (possibly a swivel style) to clear your blower instead of a factory 15 degree that is also pointed toward the front driver's corner so I don't think a factory non ac radiator hose will work and a factory ac radiator hose would have the same issue but also go towards your blower belt.
If the issue is with the Spectre braid (IMO sucks) then you can remove it and install Aeroquipe's overbraid, it is what I use and matches my real braided hoses very well.

20190707_191602-1_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Also I would add 2 more bolts to your water pump pulley.

IMG_8841.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Fake braiding is just that- fake braiding. Take it off; it has nothing to do with what hose is being used.
Do like he said take that braiding off And while you’re at it see if there’s a part number on the hose underneath

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor