Upull It Pittsburgh 2wd Blazer brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Found a complete set of Blazer brakes at the Upull It. Didn't have time/right tools to pull them myself but there for the taking.
20220701_160133.jpg
20220701_160136.jpg
20220701_160142.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
  • Haha

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I have 3 sets that my son has pulled in NC if anyone is interested . Two sets have functioning calipers and all of the bearings are at ‘useable’.

The shipping on a complete spindle, caliper, router will be ridiculous though.

Now I understand why JAMCAR223 can find these in warm Texas. There are plenty to be found in the Wilmington,NC Area.

They are like chicken lips in the snow belt..

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
There's a solid victim right there . When they are sitting there like that, all I need is 7 tools and 10 minutes per side.

Reactions: 4 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
The Oldsmobile Bravada was available in 2wd form (from 1995-2001 according to Wikipedia), same as that vintage Blazer. Don't overlook those in the junkyards, I got a set from one here locally.

Reactions: 2 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I have 3 sets that my son has pulled in NC if anyone is interested . Two sets have functioning calipers and all of the bearings are at ‘useable’.

Now I understand why JAMCAR223 can find these in warm Texas. There are plenty to be found in the Wilmington,NC Area.

Too bad they're not like chicken fingers, those are everywhere.

• Haha

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass

what about just shipping the spindle and dust shield?those are what's hard to come by,everything else can be concidered a consumable-readily available and might not be worth shipping due to weight and service life anyways.I'm in a similar part the map as you and i've never seen them in the yards here.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Also, hold onto all the hardware. bolts, and line brackets. I agree with Chris, they're easier to ship and cheaper minus the calipers, and hubs. It would be nice to have the calipers as cores, but with the added weight, it's probably not worth it.

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
If it were me, I'd be buying new calipers, rotors and pads anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
It's just not worth buying, reselling, and shipping the calipers, rotors, and hubs. I tried it once, and it wasn't a good deal for me ( the seller ), or the buyer. Plus, who wants junkyard calipers, rotors, and hubs anyway? Most of us who do this conversion are "upgrading", not wanting to install rusty junkyard parts with no idea of age or mileage.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor