Using proportionate valve as distribution block

Status
Not open for further replies.

jking78

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2011
Am I able to use a disc/disc proportional valve as a distribution block with Wilwood combination proportioning valve.

Attachments

• IMG_20200402_194248.jpg
    IMG_20200402_194248.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 190

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IMO I would just run the Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve adding another proportioning valve farther down the line would defeat the purchase of having an adjustable valve near the master cylinder

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Is that the adjustable one? You can only run one at a time because a "combination" valve means that it is both a proportioning as well as limiting valve in one. The proportioning part divides the effort between the front and rear but the limiting part keeps the rears from getting too much and locking up. The adjustable valve is nice to have if you want to tailor the bias to what your particular car needs. The best way to do that is to find a long deserted stretch of road. On a rainy day do some high speed panic braking and adjust the valve until you get even braking without the rear end swinging out on you.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
The wilwood is meant to replace the GM unit

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

jking78

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2011
Is that the adjustable one? You can only run one at a time because a "combination" valve means that it is both a proportioning as well as limiting valve in one. The proportioning part divides the effort between the front and rear but the limiting part keeps the rears from getting too much and locking up. The adjustable valve is nice to have if you want to tailor the bias to what your particular car needs. The best way to do that is to find a long deserted stretch of road. On a rainy day do some high speed panic braking and adjust the valve until you get even braking without the rear end swinging out on you.
Yes it's a combination valve. It don't rain much in Arizona I'll figure out how to adjust it when it get the car running

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Listen, I have stock discs up front still and a 4 piston wilwood setup in the rear (came with the axle) being fed by the stock proportioning block. No issues, car stops like it should, and it has a few thousand miles on it now.

Reactions: 1 user

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
I didn't wanna take it to the shop to have all new brake lines made so I figured I'd try to use the OEM as a distribution
I have oversized stock calipers in front ,stock g body calipers on the rear I got a stainless pre bent kit didn't want to cut the lines up so I gutted the factory proportion valve found out it that don't work at all so I pressed a freeze plug inside to make it 50/50 , works great on my car i3500 LBS

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor