V6 exhaust help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
What are the chances of finding an original gm single outlet v6 exhaust for my Buick 231 car. Local muffler shops want way too much. Anything out there in Michigan?

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Greetings! Looks like JC Whitney has all that you need, they list on eBay, Ill provide links to your exhaust pieces you need. Good luck!!

Will

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Greetings! Looks like JC Whitney has all that you need, they list on eBay, Ill provide links to your exhaust pieces you need. Good luck!!

Will

Will the first link you sent work with the factory y-pipe crossmember? My car isn't running a Cat converter. Due to thefts, and I hope this kit also works with all of the factory GM exhaust hangers because I do not plan on running those piece of junk Universal ones.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Will the first link you sent work with the factory y-pipe crossmember? My car isn't running a Cat converter. Due to thefts, and I hope this kit also works with all of the factory GM exhaust hangers because I do not plan on running those piece of junk Universal ones.
The links I sent are for the cat back, and are factory specific "OEM" so will bolt to your existing exhaust brackets perfectly.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Check Rock Auto also, Better prices for equivalent parts. Your only issue may be making a "test pipe" to eliminate the converter.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Check Rock Auto also, Better prices for equivalent parts. Your only issue may be making a "test pipe" to eliminate the converter.
Hi. I did check them but looking for a quality/material correct name brand. Where do I find a cat?

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I recently installed an AP exhaust kit in my brothers 89 Mercury Grand Marquis and was quite pleased with the quality of the parts as well as the ease to install. One huge plus on the AP parts...No wrinkle bends which comes with the Walker pipes. As for the cat, Rock shows them out of stock right now for your application but check places such as Summit or Jegs for their oe parts line.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor