V6 Exhaust Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys.

I need a catback for my GP for inspection. At first I was gonna go for a pre-boxed catback set-up, but I now decided on just doing the muffler seperate and having a shop do some tubing. Having this said, I need some V6 guys to shed some light on this.

I've got the nappy *ss 3.8L dualjet carb motor. At first, it had a stock muffler that was blown out. It had holes all through it and it sounded terrible. So I hacked it off and it sounded much better (and surprisingly not that loud). I bought a Thrush Turbo muffler for it last summer, but never got around to putting it on. But I started deciding against it. I figured it'd be way too quiet for my liking. Has anyone tried this on their V6 G body? I have 2 Dynomax Super-Turbos on my newer Monte, but I'm not sure about how it'd sound on the old carb motor. Then, I was thinking about a glasspack. It actually sounded better on soundclips that a Flowmaster on a V6. I was looking into the Summit brand one. It's like 20 bucks for one. Or, my friend is selling a gently used Flowmaster 40 with dual outlets so I could do a dual-exhaust.

So let's hear it V6 guys. Anyone with a 3.8, or even another kind of V6, post up! Even GN / T Type guys!

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor