V6 Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

driveit

Apprentice
Nov 7, 2013
Picking up my 82 Malibu 4 door this Friday. It has a bad exhaust leak and was thinking about finding something to make it sound a bit better.

I believe it is a 3.8 Chevy engine that is original to the car. It has been bored 30 over and rebuilt. I think everything else is stock on the car. It has a 350 turbo and not sure of the gears. I want to start with a better sounding exhaust, but have a very small budget. Is there anything out that that would give it a sporty sound and not sound like someone just threw duals on it?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
I had a 79 Malibu with 3.3L that needed exhaust. I was also going to put a V8 in at some point and only wanting to do the exhaust once I had a muffler shop install true daul exhaust from the mainifolds to the bumper. So thats my vote.

Doug

driveit

Apprentice
Nov 7, 2013
I don't plan to switch out the v6 on this one as I was wanting it for just a nice cheap to drive daily car. My plan was to fix the current exhaust leak and put on more powerful sounding muffler. I just don't want it to cackle when I let off the gas. I have heard a lot of v6'ers that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor