V6 to SBC Swap

St.Pete_MC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2009
LOL I love the mixed responses I get over & over.

gonaa need both mounts fro mthe look of things yesterday,

FlawlessProductionsLLC

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2009
will the factory idiot lights be compatible with the new 350 crate im dropping in? (high volume oil pump) annnd i want to but a manual steering box in..i heard ones off a s10 will fit...

(81 monte with a chevy 3.8 and a TH350)

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Pulley's question

I have an 84 cutlass swapping the 231 v6 for sbc350, I know I can use monte pulley setup, but is there any compatible chevy system I could keep the compressor on pass side and alternator on driver side still?

gs dewd

Greasemonkey
May 25, 2008
Crimora, Va
Re: Pulley's question

84cutspreme said:
I have an 84 cutlass swapping the 231 v6 for sbc350, I know I can use monte pulley setup, but is there any compatible chevy system I could keep the compressor on pass side and alternator on driver side still?
Summit sells a bracket kit that will let you do just that. Just give them a call.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
summit part #

Do you know that the bracket summit sells works? and do you know the part #?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
St.Pete_MC said:
Just about ready to pull out my 4.3 out of my monte & drop in the 350.

looking for a clear answer with the motor mounts, are the 4.3 the same as the 305-350 etc. etc. or do I need to find some from a V8

the mounts on the frame & the mounts on the motor?

St.Pete_MC said:
LOL I love the mixed responses I get over & over.

gonaa need both mounts fro mthe look of things yesterday

why don't you take a picture of your mounts and we can tell you right away if they'll fit. I don't see why it wouldn't. You might be gettin different answers because the later 96+ 4.3's are mounted differently on cars today than the old 4.3's or gen 1's. They're mounted to a urethane/rubber block and then to the frame

gs dewd

Greasemonkey
May 25, 2008
Crimora, Va
Re: summit part #

84cutspreme said:
Do you know that the bracket summit sells works? and do you know the part #?
It's a kit and it swaps side with the alt, and a/c compressor so it has to work. I don't have the part number you will just have to call them.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
??

Can you tell me if these are the brackets you are talking about? BSP-11420 & BSP-11421. These are the billet specialty ones that summit sells, they say they will work with the stock assembly....

gs dewd

Greasemonkey
May 25, 2008
Crimora, Va
Those will work. They also sell some that are a little cheaper to. Just use the search feature on the left side of there website to narrow the search down to alt brackets, 350 chevy,long water pump and it should show a list with about 40 or so brackets. There one set in there for about $70.

Sep 30, 2009
hey thanks 85t5mcss , you provide all detail of the V6 to SBC Swapping and it useful to me thanks for sharing this information .

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor