Vac line help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeMineaMonte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 18, 2018
RI
Hey everyone! So I'm a real novice when it comes to engine work, but I'm trying to learn. Most of my vacuum lines on my 86 Monte Carlo LS (305 V8) were shot, so I ordered some silicone hose to replace everything. I just redid it exactly the way the car was when I got it, but I can't help but feel that something isn't right...

First of all- where and how does that canister control valve mount?? Does it just float there?

Next, on the diagram I have to reference (which I'm also not sure if it's correct for my car) it seems like there are some things missing in terms of connecting lines. I removed the A.I.R. system and will be deleting the A/C but not the heat if that makes any difference. It's a computer controlled quadrajet.

Also, what is supposed to connect in the last photo where I'm pointing?? What is that part? Looks like a vacuum canister with no line to it.

Finally, I'm guessing silicone hose shouldn't be used on the two lines from the charcoal canister but that's all I had. What kind of hose do you run there?

IMG_20190708_141035.jpg

IMG_20190708_141120.jpg

IMG_20190708_141053.jpg

IMG_20190708_141055.jpg

IMG_20190708_141102.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor