Vacuum Question seeking help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyizraw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2019
Is that hose loose or is it plugged into the bottom plate of carb

The one in my first pic is loose and i need to see where it runs

the one in that last pic with the blue F fitting i believe that is running to the purge TVs or canister

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
There is a hole in the carb under the TPS connector and a little to the right as I recall. Start engine and see if you can feel around for vauum

garyizraw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2019
There is a hole in the carb under the TPS connector and a little to the right as I recall. Start engine and see if you can feel around for vauum

yeah that hole is exactly what im trying to figure out, before it had a hose on it and it withered in my hand so i got this new one to put on there but idk if it connects to anything or just stays free ?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
It may be the port for the Vacuum sensor that should be mounted on the passenger side front inner wheel well.

garyizraw

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2019
It may be the port for the Vacuum sensor that should be mounted on the passenger side front inner wheel well.

I believe i know what your talking about and thats a smaller line that runs to the sensor right behind the blower motor? right

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Just like with wires, a GM service manual would be one of the best sources to se how the lines are to running. Good chance an p/o might of change the routing of a few.

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Just like with wires, a GM service manual would be one of the best sources to se how the lines are to running. Good chance an p/o might of change the routing of a few.

Yep, these cars are very prone to being screwed around with by POs that had no idea what they were doing.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
0900c1528005c9d2.jpg

Go here, scroll down till you find your year/engine model: https://www.autozone.com/repairguid...Diagrams/Vacuum-Diagrams/_/P-0900c1528005c9b2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor