Valve lash adjustment question sbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I'm attempting to adjust the valve lash on my gm crate 350 ho with hydraulic lifters and flat tappet cam. When tightening the hut on the rocker arm(before setting pre-load) do I tighten the nut until the push stops spinning? Or just till it starts to feel some resistance?

thanks in advance

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
I've always tightened them until resistance is just felt while spinning the push rod. Then 1/4 turn down past resistance for full roller rockers, 1 turn down for stamped steel rockers.

Hope this helps!
Bob S.

Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I like to actually move the pushrod up and down. Sometimes it’s possible to start compressing the lifter before feeling resistance. But if you move up and down you can feel he exact time there is no more clearance. Then add your preload.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor