valve Springs on factory peanut port head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2018
Toronto
Hey guys, simple kinda dumb question. Is it ok to run springs without any shims, rotators or retainer on a non aluminum big block head? also can there be to much gap around the spring in the spring seats IF it is infact okay to run the bottom of the springs on the head without a rotator or keeper?

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My first question would be why are you running cast iron peanut port heads to begin with?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I would put a .015 shim to protect the head. It won’t affect spring pressure enough to matter.

Riddick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 29, 2018
Toronto
My first question would be why are you running cast iron peanut port heads to begin with?
lol just a total junker build out of a junkyard gen 5 i found on the dirt cheap. reason is i wanna spend minimum $ on this one for now, just had a extreme energy cam and matching springs and lifters laying around gonna throw it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor