Vantastic Germans! VW Bus+ Porsche 911 turbo=Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Sadly, this site is all in German, but from what I gather, it is a 1962 VW Transporter (or "Bully" as they are called in Germany) on a Porsche 911 GT3 chassis. One of my automotive fantasies fulfilled by someone else! The picture gallery is INSANE!!! It shows them using a Vanagon for parts of the chassis, the donor Porsche, the fabrication of a carbon fiber roof (!), etc.

http://www.race-taxi.ch/indexx.htm

*edit* it may be a Swiss website, not German. At least it is hosted in Switzerland according to my browser's nationality determining extension.

Thats pretty friggin awesome :twisted: Holy wires!!

Never liked VW vans till I saw this. I like the black paint scheme they had originally. Drives better than expected too.. wow :shock:

There's a guy here in Omaha who runs the local V Dub club, he's got a 6cyl subaru engine in a Vanagon that he turned into a pick up (4dr pick up)... It's pretty sweet, I'll have to find pictures of it.. He's building one now with an SBC.. should be pretty wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor