Vent Door Bell Crank - hot to get old one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpoole

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
McKinney, TX
Hey Guys, my bell crank broke off inside my heater box and I cannot get this out. It is the pivot arm that opens and closes the vent door in the air box when you move the slider from cool to hot on the AC panel. Broke off smooth with the box and cannot figure out how to get it out.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
The part that is left looks like an upside down "T". Normally, you would rotate it until the "T" lined up with two slots in the top of the heater box, and pull it up. If that's not possible, I have heard others just tap it down into the heater box, and then install the new one. Shouldn't cause a problem that way, and it's too small ( and plastic) so it shouldn't rattle.

jpoole

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
McKinney, TX
darbysan said:
The part that is left looks like an upside down "T". Normally, you would rotate it until the "T" lined up with two slots in the top of the heater box, and pull it up. If that's not possible, I have heard others just tap it down into the heater box, and then install the new one. Shouldn't cause a problem that way, and it's too small ( and plastic) so it shouldn't rattle.

Thanks, Also, does the cable hook to the end loop like it did on the AC controller or to the little flat metal tab down toward the end?

Also, mine broke off right at the hole and I cannot twist it or even wiggle it.

darbysan

Master Mechanic
Apr 3, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
IIRC, there is a little flat metal tab with a screw, that allows for a little adjustment. I think the end of the cable was held by that metal tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor