Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2020
Hey guys just got a 1979 Malibu wagon not too long ago. Trying to get all the weatherstrips in order and I've been having trouble finding anything on the back vent windows. Got some vent windows out of a 82 4 door but they are about an inch shorter than the ones for wagons and the holes along the door don't line up. Anyone know where to find a place to get parts for the vent windows or what else has the same windows. I'm on the east coast and the Malibu wagons are already scarce let alone even have decent weather striping on them. Also let me know what sites you guys use for parts if you can, new to g-body cars been stuck on squarebody trucks, parts for those are everywhere. Thanks guys.
94016646_655709441931671_6587653128168931328_n.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hi Nick,
Welcome aboard! Nice wagon. Regarding the vent window rubber seals, they're pretty much unobtanium. You'll have to find 'em used and try to find the best ones you can. The 4-dr sedan vent windows are a different size and shape, as you already found out.
Where are you located?

Nick1979

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2020
Hi Nick,
Welcome aboard! Nice wagon. Regarding the vent window rubber seals, they're pretty much unobtanium. You'll have to find 'em used and try to find the best ones you can. The 4-dr sedan vent windows are a different size and shape, as you already found out.
Where are you located?
Yeah I kinda figured it'd be a pain to find em, I'll probably just scout out some scrapyards every now and again and hope I find a set. I'm over in Pittsburgh, PA

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome aboard! Nice wagon!

I have access to 4 wagons...2 with pwr vent windows and 2 with manual...I could check the manual ones next time I'm at the yard..

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
All 4 G body wagon lines (Malibu/Lemans/Cutlass/Century-Regal) share the same vent windows. Nothing else interchanges.

The vent glass rubber itself is usually pretty good (even here in the sun-baked mid/southwest). Run channel is another story, but there are workable "universal" run channel styles available that work pretty well.

And as a "justin case", the rear doors from sedans are also different from the beltline up (window frames are shorter/slightly diff angle than wagon). If one is really desperate for a wagon rear door, the window frames can be exchanged, but it's a lot of drilling/cutting/welding to get there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Also, my experience with Soffseal wagon door weatherstrips was not a good one (poor fitment/even poorer sealing), NOS if found, or Metro would be better choices.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nick,
If you can't find parts locally, which is the case with most of us, your best bet is O.D.Showtime (Kevin). He's our "go-to" guy and a great guy to know and do business with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor